Location: New York, New York
Date: December 26, 2019
Graphic Designer • Women’s Fashion Retail Brand
MUST BE LOCAL TO NEW YORK CITY
Premier intimate apparel company seeks a creative, conceptual and innovative graphic designer to join our corporate in-house marketing and ecommerce team. The Graphic Designer that will assist with the development, design and management of brand marketing assets for Wacoal and b.tempt’d brands. The key responsibilities of this individual will be the creation, distribution, and cataloging of visual assets for the brand - both internally and externally. The graphic designer owns the creation of elements that may range across product marketing, brand identity work, catalogs, paid advertising, ecommerce, email, social media content, instore visual merchandising, video, presentation support, tradeshows, and more. This person will partner across teams from Brand Marketing, E-Commerce, Creative, Retail, Sales, Product Design and Merchandising. Position reports to Director of Creative Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute innovative design solutions for assigned projects.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with project owners to ensure that the visual design successfully delivers the desired message and business objectives.
- Collaborate with Director of Creative Services, Copywriters, Photographers, Production, other designers as well as Brand Marketing to ensure projects are produced to meet brand standards for quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Stay abreast of developments in graphic design field to promote creativity and share with team members.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and innovate to meet constraints of cost, time and marketing or sales needs.
- Effectively manage a large workload on a variety of projects from simple to complex multi-channel campaigns.
- Concept, design, and production of engaging marketing materials such as print ads, store display signage, hangtags, catalogs, sales education, sales presentation materials and digital assets for emails, web banners, espots and social media.
- Assist in coordination of details for photo and video shoots.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong design aesthetic and good understanding of typography, page layout, image cropping, etc...
- Good knowledge of photography image manipulation, website design and digital media. Video editing experience is a plus
- Ability to communicate ideas both verbally and in writing
- Able to handle a number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Responsible for following workload calendar and delivering work on time
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others
- Willing to learn, excited by new challenges
This position requires the normal demands of any job, such as sitting, standing, reaching with arms and hands, walking, talking and hearing.
- Sitting for long periods of time at computer
- Use of sharp objects to trim paper, board and other materials
- Ability to install hanging, mounted graphics as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- BA/BS/BFA in Graphic Design
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Marketing related design
- Proficient on Adobe CS, (Photoshop, InDesign and Adobe Illustrator, and relevant industry tools
- Photo/video experience a plus
- Knowledge of web and print standards
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be proficient in Mac software and systems
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with passion for design and business with a strong work ethic
Visa sponsorship not available