Location: New York, NY
Date: May 5, 2021
Product Engineering Assistant
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Learn all Wacoal America standards and sewing trial.
- Develop fabric consumption markers, using Leuctra software.
- Calculate trim consumption and input into Excel Spreadsheet.
- Prepare sewing operation breakdown at costing stage.
- Compile information for Cutting instructions for production packages.
- Receive and maintain status record for FOP/PP garments.
- Examine and measure FOP/PP garments in preparation for fittings.
- Initiate FOP/PP Evaluation comments. Arrange and participate at FOP/PP fittings.
- FOP/PP wash test garment examine and communicate with RMQC/factory as needed.
- Compile and sort information received from Design, Technical, Purchasing and Production departments in preparation for costing, salesman samples, pilot, and production packages.
- Review data for deficiencies, interface with MIS, Design, Technical, Purchasing and Production Departments to resolve deficiencies.
- Prepare packages for factories, manage related communication.
- Lively products: examine the quality of the garments (sewing, tags etc...)
- QVC products: Create the QVC FlexPLM as requires.
- Create & update manual training material.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Technical Design, Apparel Production Management, Industrial Engineering.
- Two to Three years’ experiences in Technical Design or Engineering Department of foundations/intimate apparel manufacturer.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Proficient computer skills essential to performance of job functions
- Microsoft, Illustrator, FlexPLM, Smartsheet etc.…
- Proactive in following up on projects and establishing and maintaining contacts.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills. Superior attention to details.
- Flexible, able to handle multiple projects and transition between functions.